Join us as we walk in the footsteps of John Muir to raise awareness and resources for the campaign to restore the Hetch Hetchy Valley.
- July 28 - August 3, 2013, two groups begin a 7-day 45 or 43 mile trek across Yosemite.
- July 30 - August 3, 2013, one group begins a 5-day 28 mile trek.
- July 31 - August 3, 2013, two groups begin a 4-day 15 or 18 mile journey.
- August 3, 2013, folks who aren't interested in backpacking will take part in a 1-day 6-mile hike.
All groups will converge atop the O’Shaughnessy Dam on Saturday, August 3, where they will be joined by activists from around the state to rally for the restoration of the Hetch Hetchy Valley and enjoy a picnic meal together.
Each marcher raises a minimum amount of money for Restore Hetch Hetchy prior to participating.
- Seven day marchers must raise a minimum of $1900.
- Five day marchers must raise a minimum of $1400.
- Four day marchers must raise a minimum of $1100.
- One day hikers have a $100 goal for individuals and a $190 goal for families.
For more information, visit our sister site with all the information you need to participate!